Friday 27 January 2012

folksy friday - 'Milk'

Okay, so I have been thinking of rice pudding, on and off for nearly a week - but as per usual, when tea time comes around I forget about rice pudding altogether and I haven't made any yet. So no rice pudding this week - 

But next week when we are hit by blizzards, snow storms (and people unable to get to work!) I will remember my pudding and I WILL MAKE ONE. Meanwhile I did look for artistic impressions of rice pudding, but strangely enough I could not find any - so milk it is - and they are fantastic:
Firstly how about this lovely picture 
It is so pretty and so modern - I love it! 


How brilliant is this! It is perfect - the colours, the fabrics and the beautiful embroidery!


It is about time I bought myself a little necklace - this one is lovely!


And - surely any kid would get a bath with these milk soaps around (well, maybe my two soap dodgers would just keep them and not use them.) Fantastic!
Love the shop name too.

4 comments:

  1. thank you lois! you've found some lovely things. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful choices...the soaps are terrific! As for rice pudding...Raspberry jam on mine please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A subject close to my heart - if we were nearer you would be welcome to some of my rice pudding! I can't stop making it in industrial quantities and everyone here is getting a bit fed up of it. I love the blue tits on the milk bottle - this was a regular sight of my childhood and I'd forgotten just how lovely it was to see.
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE rice pudding too, and keep forgetting to make it! doh! Love the birds by DearEmma, I justchecked out her folksy shop and have fallen in love with the Owl bowl...I may treat myself to (yet another)belated birthday present! x

    ReplyDelete